Sunday, February 12, 2012

Music Soothes the Soul


No matter what your favorite, music has the power to lift and turn your sorrows around. I remember loving to put music on in the room as a young child when things were tense between sisters, and it always seemed to lighten the mood. One sister would sing along with it, the other would dance.

Then, later, music offered me solace from a broken heart or two, even challenged me to grow in my musical ability. Still later, I found it offering me a spiritual channel and an opportunity to grow both spiritually and musically, the blending of which is one of the greatest gifts I've received to date.

Maybe your love of music is a hobby or a passing phase, or maybe you don't even love music, but it's hard to deny that it has a power. When hard times come, music can elevate you, no matter who you are or where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment